Sayfie Review Launches Florida Guru
Reader engagement game rewards players with kudos and prizes for sharing links on Twitter and Facebook
November 1, 2011
Having published the Review for over 9 years, I am so grateful for the thousands of politically interested Floridians who read the Review each day. Countless loyal readers have contributed to the success of the Review over the years. You’ve signed up for our emails, “liked” us on Facebook, re-tweeted our tweets and repeatedly visited the Review.
In recent months, the enthusiasm of our readers for the Review inspired me to develop an innovative new ‘game’ that Sayfie Review readers can play and earn rewards.
Just as airlines have popularized ‘frequent flier’ programs, today, I am delighted to announce the launch of a similar program for Sayfie Review, our reader loyalty and engagement game: Florida Guru.
Here’s how it works:
Click here to enroll in Florida Guru using your Facebook account or email address. You’ll immediately score 1,000 points just for signing up with your Facebook account.
Once you’ve enrolled as a Florida Guru player, you will score points each time you take one of the following actions:
- Visit the Sayfie Review homepage
- Share an article link (via email, Facebook or Twitter) using the ‘+’ symbol next to each news link on the Review
- Retweet a Sayfie Review tweet on Twitter
- Use the #Sayfie hashtag on Twitter
- Check into the Florida Capitol, US Capitol, Governor’s Mansion or White House on Foursquare
Additionally, you’ll score points when you invite your friends to play Florida Guru, or when you share Sayfie Review with your Facebook friends and Twitter followers.
Every month, we’ll tabulate the scores for every player, and give the top 5 players prizes. During November, the Florida Guru players who score the most points from November 1 - November 30, 2011 will receive gift cards from the Apple Store in the following amounts: 1st Place - $150, 2nd Place - $100, 3rd Place - $75, 4th Place - $50, 5th Place - $25.
And, the first 100 Florida Guru players who score 10,000 points will receive a $30 Amazon.com gift card.
Players will also receive “Kudos” from Florida Guru when they achieve certain point thresholds, and the KudoBoard listing the players and their Kudos will be published on the Sayfie Review. Click here to see which Kudos our early-invitation players have already received.
A “Guru” has been defined as “one who is regarded as having great knowledge, wisdom, and authority in a certain area, and who uses it to guide others.” It is my hope that Florida Guru will inspire readers of the Review to share their wisdom and great knowledge of Florida politics in a way that guides others. Click here to start playing...
Ways to Score Points on Florida Guru
- Score 25 points every time you share an article on SayfieReview.com using the share button next to each story (maximum of 500 points per month)
- Score 2 points every time you visit SayfieReview.com (maximum of 500 points per month)
- Score 25 points every time you login to Florida Guru (maximum of 500 points per month)
- Score 250 points for liking the Sayfie Review on Facebook
- Score 250 points for sharing Sayfie Review with your Facebook friends
- Score 5 points every time you tweet with #sayfie (maximum of 500 points per month)
- Score 5 points every time you retweet @SayfieReview on Twitter (maximum of 500 points per month)
- Score 250 points for sharing Sayfie Review with your Twitter followers
- Score 10 points and receive the Florida Capitol kudo for checking in to the Florida Capitol on Foursquare (maximum of 500 points per month)
- Score 25 points and receive the Governor's Mansion kudo for checking in to the Florida Governor's Mansion on Foursquare (maximum of 500 points per month)
- Score 10 points and receive the U.S. Capitol kudo for checking in to the United States Capitol on Foursquare (maximum of 500 points per month)
- Score 25 points and receive the White House kudo for checking in to the White House on Foursquare (maximum of 500 points per month)